SentryGlas® is a registered trademark of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates for its brand of interlayers.
As well as improved strength and stiffness, other benefits of SentryGlas® include:
• Safety: In the event of breakage, glass fragments remain firmly bonded to the interlayer, reducing the chance for injury
• Security: SentryGlas® can be used in glazing that withstands bullets, hurricane-force winds and even bomb blasts
• Durability: SentryGlas® is extremely durable and resistant to clouding, even after years of exposure
• Design Versatility: SentryGlas® can be used in glass manufactured flat or curved, including annealed, toughened, heat-strengthened, spandrel, wired, patterned and colour tinted glass
• UV control: SentryGlas® is available with or without UV transmittance
SentryGlas® ionoplast interlayer
The SentryGlas® interlayer is five times stronger and up to 100 times stiffer than conventional laminating materials. With this kind of strength the glass can be a more active structural element in the building envelope, opening up design possibilities that didn’t exist before.
Besides its strength, SentryGlas® ionoplast interlayer retains its clarity – even after years of service. Unlike other interlayers, SentryGlas® ionoplast interlayer is much less vulnerable to moisture exposure or yellowing over time.
Some of the many SentryGlas® interlayer applications include:
- Minimally supported and open-edged railings, facades and canopies
- Structural glass flooring, stairs, walkways and pedestrian bridges
- Hurricane resistant windows, doors and skylights
- Bomb blast resistant windows, doors and facades