New GROHE study1 reveals valuable consumer insights designed to support retailers, designers, and installers
- One in three want to replace their old shower with a modern shower system
- 43% of participants surveyed believe a bathroom should be for wellbeing, relaxation, and recovery with 54% desiring a large rainfall shower head that would give full shoulder to shoulder coverage
- Most consumers depend on the knowledge of industry professionals to provide guidance and advice when purchasing a new shower; 60% would seek information from manufacturers online, 43% would ask for advice from an installer or plumber with a further 75% seeking a professional to carry out the installation and 46% would visit a showroom and 38% would visit a DIY store.
The demands on bathroom design have risen significantly, with the shower gaining a lot more attention, being preferred over bathing by 64% of UK participants surveyed in a recent study by global market research institute, Explorare, commissioned by GROHE.
As many as 43% are now viewing the bathroom as an indulgent space for wellness and relaxation with 48% using the shower to help them relax, the survey found. Whatever our reasons for showering; whether it’s an invigorating way to start the day, a quick freshen up after working out or for pure relaxation, our needs vastly differ from person to person and even day by day, and showers need to be able to meet this demand.
Alongside flexibility in design and functionality, the survey results revealed that safety and sustainability are two key factors consumers take into consideration when it comes to showering. 78% said that having a shower surface that doesn’t get hot whilst they’re showering was a priority and similarly, 61% deemed a thermostat that can balance out fluctuations in temperature an important factor in their shower’s performance. Meanwhile, around half (51%) of Britons are actively trying to save water with 54% seeking additional sustainable functions from their shower to help them live more eco-consciously in their day-to-day lives.
The combined results of the study provide in-depth insights into consumer behaviour around showering and help bring to light some key customer profiles:
- The “Hygiene Pragmatist”, who showers after exercise like 55% of those surveyed, does not spend much time in the bathroom and favours a practical shower system that keeps water consumption to a minimum.
- The “Wellness Lover” 2, who is looking for intelligent shower systems with lots of innovative features for a truly luxurious water experience
The “Freshness Enthusiast” 3, who prefers a shower system with comfortable user-centric features and high design standards.
The bathroom is no longer a purely functional room used exclusively for personal hygiene. Expectations have risen considerably which has been accompanied by the increasing complexity of bathroom design and furnishing. Retailers, designers and installers can really build an understanding of their customer’s needs by
exploring individual customer behaviour and combining this with their product and industry knowledge to make informed, relevant recommendations. At a time when 40% of us are using the bathroom for some much-needed space and me-time, conveying the emotional added value of a product can create plenty of upsell opportunities, and ultimately result in a higher level of positive customer satisfaction.
With the new study results highlighting that 36% would like to replace their entire shower systems and 54% desiring a large rainfall shower head that provides full shoulder-to-shoulder coverage, GROHE is delighted to announce the return of its showers cashback promotion.
Customers can claim up to £100 cashback when they purchase one of the many showers included in the promotion, ranging from the award-winning SmartControl range to the brand’s Grohtherm systems. GROHE SmartControl uses innovative push-and-turn technology that allows you to operate up to three different water outlets with multiple spray patterns, from a powerful jet spray to luxurious rainfall experience, delivering a shower perfectly tailored to your mood. Installation and aesthetic styles featured in the promotion include exposed and concealed systems, round or square trims and showerheads in both Chrome or Moon White finishes.
The promotion runs from 1st August – 31st October 2020 with all cashback claims to be made by 30th November 2020. To find out more about the offer and read the full terms and conditions simply visit www.grohe.co.uk.