RAK Ceramics has put together seven bathroom cleaning hacks that will have your bathroom looking sparkling in no time, leaving you free to enjoy the closest thing to a spa experience that you’ve had since pre-lockdown.
1) Baths and basins – rinse them out after use to help fight against grime. An all-purpose bathroom cleaner and a damp cloth will do the trick. Make sure you clean around the plug hole and taps as these are areas where dirt and germs most like to linger.
2) Avoid grubby grout – use an old toothbrush to clean and some diluted bleach to clean up discoloured grout. If you’ve a new bathroom in mind, consider large format tiles or a mega slab for your walls to reduce that grout problem even further.
3) Keeping showers shining – when you’ve showered leave the door to the enclosure open to help prevent mould from growing in a humid atmosphere. Wipe down wet tiles and dry off the shower tray. Use white vinegar to clean a glass screen and if you’ve got a shower curtain instead, pop it in the washing machine regularly.
4) Tap into clean taps – toothpaste and soap can damage the finish on taps so make sure you wipe them clean regularly. Washing up liquid works wonders here and if you’ve noticing a build-up of lime scale opt the white vinegar rather than an abrasive cleaner.
5) Tidy toilets – As well as keeping the inside of the toilet bowl clean and germ-free pay attention to the outside too, wiping it down an all-purpose bathroom cleaner. Don’t forget the toilet handle or flush buttons. Neutralise nasty odours by pouring a cup of washing soda crystals or bicarbonate of soda down the bowl once a week.
6) Storage – pop clutter behind closed doors to create a relaxing environment. Kids toys, cleaning products and toiletries should all have their place in a cupboard and if your bathroom lacks storage it’s time to think about adding some furniture.
7) Leave this list where it can be seen and read by all the family, so they all do their bit!